Good information handling makes good business sense. By doing this we believe we will enhance our reputation, increase customer and employee confidence, and by making sure personal information is accurate, relevant, and safe, save both time and money.
Solar Prospects acts as a Data Controller as we keep or process information about living people and must comply with certain important rules about how we collect and use personal information. We must have a valid lawful basis to process a person’s data and be able to demonstrate the processing of data is “necessary” in order to provide our products and services. There are six lawful bases.
We process personal data based on the following:
We may have to process information to fulfil our contractual obligations to provide a quotation, or act as credit intermediary in a finance agreement, or provide a warranty. In this instance the processing is necessary for the performance of the contract.
We may have to process information for health and safety reasons. In this instance, Health and Safety is legislation.
In many instances, the processing is necessary, for example, to ultimately create a finance plan through a lender when acting as a credit intermediary or carrying out a Customer Survey Report.
We ask customers to positively opt-in if they want to receive further information on an alternative product or service that we market separately.We do not process special category data.
Collection of Information – Your consent
We may collect personal information from you if you provide it voluntarily. If you do provide personal information to us, we will assume that you have read this Privacy Notice and have consented to us using your personal information in the ways described in this Policy and at the point where you give us your personal information. If, after providing us with personal information, you later decide that you do not want us to use it for purposes, then please let us know.
Collection of your Information We may collect and process the following data:
- Information you provide when buying our products or services;
- Information you provide to us by filling in our forms;
- Information collected through correspondence with our Sales and/or Customer Relations teams;
- Information you provide to us through the recruitment process;
- Information you provide to us in order to register for alerts;
- Social Media interaction;
- Statistical data about your browsing actions and patterns for the administration of your application for employment;
We may require you to submit personally identifiable information to make use of our services. You confirm that any information you enter or provide will be true. We will only request and collect information which is necessary or reasonable to provide you with your requested services and to improve the services that we provide. It will not be a requirement to provide any additional information which is not needed to provide the services.
Reasons for Collection of your Information
During our dealings with you, we may collect and process certain information about you, including your name, date of birth, address, contact details (including your email address and contact telephone number), payment details (where applicable), and other information about you in respect of which services and products may be provided. Your personal information may be used by us, our employees, contractors, or agents to:
- identify you during any communication between you and us;
- assess eligibility for services and products (whether provided by us or on our behalf);
- carry out regulatory checks and meet our obligations to our regulators;
- communicate with you to arrange the provision of such services and products;
- administer and provide such services and products;
- detect and prevent loss, fraud and other criminal activity;
- carry out credit reference checks through associated third parties;
- carry out market research and to help us review, develop and improve the services and products we offer; and
- contact you